Thursday, May 29, 2014

Builder

Builder
Building
Texas
Baptism
Etiquette
Protocol
Handsome 

Prov.23:9 
"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words."


 “The design and object of the laws Is to ascertain what is just, honorable, and expedient; and when that is discovered, it is proclaimed as a general ordinance, equal and impartial to all. This is the origin of law, which, for various reasons, all are under an obligation to obey: but especially because all law is the invention and gift of Heaven, the sentiment of wise men, the correction of every offense, and the general compact of the state: to live in conformity with which is the duty of every individual in society.” —Demosthenes.

“he discourses as well as ever I heard man, in few words and handsome”~~~Pepys

"What is civilisation? I do not know. I can't define it in abstract terms --yet. But I think I can recognise it when I see it: and I am looking at it now. Ruskin said: "Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts, the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art. Not one of these books can be understood unless we read the two others, but of the three the only trustworthy one is the last." On the whole I think this is true. Writers and politicians may come out with all sorts of edifying sentiments, but they are what is known as declarations of intent. If I had to say which was telling the truth about society, a speech by a Minister of Housing or the actual buildings put up in his time, I should believe the buildings."~~~Kenneth clark: Civilization

 Family Room, Fireplace, Coastal Decor, Windows, Exposed Beams, Black & White Contrast, RM Buck Builders + Kiawah Island, SC










Chess:   “Building” “Builder” “Margaret” “Margarita” “Thatch” “Texas” “Ancient Engineering” “Baptism” “Great Wall of China” “Earth” “Etiquette” “Protocol” “Handsome”

No comments: