Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tartan

Tartan
Scott 

Psalm 18:2
"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."



 +~+~+~ Johnston Tartan ~+~+~+ Powerful Border Clan who pursued a deadly feud with the Maxwells. Their stronghold was Lochwood Tower, near Beattock, which was burned down by the Maxwells in 1593. The tartan was first published in the Vestiarium Scoticum in 1842. Before that time border tartans were generally un-named. More likely the tartan came from the Aberdeenshire Johnstons, whose family seat is at Caskieben, Blackburn.



 Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye, Scotland by Adam Burton o


 Red Deer in Lochranza, Isle of Arran Scotland


 Talia Cherry

Chess: "Tartan" "Scott"

No comments: