Friday, November 15, 2013

Seven

Seven
Supernova
Ceiba
Indio Desnudo
Macadamia
Pecan
Twilight Zone
Placid
Prov.28:13
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."


“Placid” : “Rosemary waited, placid but inwardly on fire”~~~F. Scott Fitzgerald
                  “the placid hum of business and the buzzing of placid businessmen” ~~~James Thurber 

O swift wind! O space and time! now I see it is true, what I guessed at; 
What I guess’d when I loaf’d on the grass;   
What I guess’d while I lay alone in my bed, 71
And again as I walk’d the beach under the paling stars of the morning.  W.W. Leaves of Grass  33, l.708-711


 “Because He does not take away
 The terror from the tree…” CHESTERTON: A Second Childhood
Gumdrop Crab and Fish Cupcake toppers from the decorated cookie. Tooooo cute, and easy!







In Nefertari's tomb, resurrection glyphs live in comfortable company with death-glyphs. The Egyptian phoenix-bird, immortally rising from its own ashes, is depicted as a heron on the banks of the Nile, with an equally noble bird, the falcon, to its right


Ceiba (Kapok) Tree




Seven



Seven

Chess : “Seven” “SuperNova”  “Superstar” “Macadamia” “Ceiba” "Pecan" “Indio Desnudo” “Twilight Zone” “Placid”

Jeopardy:
THE FRENCH & INDIAN WAR: The Treaty of Paris of 1763 ended the French & Indian War as well as this larger global conflict
Ans.: the Seven Years War

No comments: