Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sotomayor

Sotomayor
Radio Flyer
Luke1:68
"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, "





Chess:  "Sotomayor" "Radio Flyer"

Join The World’s Largest Radio Flyer Wagon Mosaic
Jul 31st, 2010
by Pat.

I love a parade. I remember as a young child in the city thrilling to soldiers marching in the streets. Thank God V-E Day came . We supported out troops then. Too bad we don’t as much now. Too many of our citizens chose to forget that America has been at war almost ten years now and its end is a long way off.

I remember parents decorating Radio Flyer Wagons in the traditional colors red, white, and blue, attaching flags, putting the kids in costume, stowing them on board the wagons, then traveling the parade route. Why? They were patriots as we also should be. We do not have to believe in war to support our country. I wish I had some pictures from the 40′s when working class America didn’t have the time or money for toys like then expensive cameras.

Radio Flyer as a company has been a household name here in the U. S. A. for 93 years. My father and mother got one of its little red wagons for my brother. When it was gone, they refused to get me one because I was a girl. How unfair! Thankfully rights and toys are no longer determined strictly by stereotyped preferences. That is probably the main reason why I bought my firstborn (a girl), one which she passed on to her three brothers. I even bought a little one myself a few years back to use as part of my holiday decoration display. Imagination and make believe are fun.

Radio Flyer is launching its World’s Largest Wagon Mosaic. Everyone is invited to add a photo to help a tradition and a legacy live on. Please go to www.RadioFlyerArt.com and go for it. I am. Furthermore, I challenge you to find it. Hint: Little things can mean a lot.

I’d love to hear your memories of Radio Flyer Wagons, whether they be from your childhood or perhaps your child’s.

No comments: