Monday, April 22, 2024

Four-leaf Clover

 🍀
Four-leaf Clover
Paris
Snow
White
Ebony
Ébano
Black&White

 
 
Romans 12:1
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”
 
GABRIEL, PETIT TRIANON, VERSAILLES 
 "What is civilisation? I don't know. I can't define it in abstract terms - yet. But I think I can recognise it when I see it; and I am looking at it now. Ruskin said: 'Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts, the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art. Not one of these books.can be understood unless we read the two others, but of the three the only trustworthy one is the last.' On the whole I think this is true. Writers and politicians may come out with all sorts of edifying sentiments, but they are what is known as declarations of intent. If I had to say which was telling the truth about society, a speech by a Minister of Housing or the actual buildings put up in his time, I should believe the buildings."~~~Kenneth Clark: CIVILISATION Ch1 The Skin of Our Teeth. 
 
 
Watteau, Gilles 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enigmatic Intellect: Cleopatra's Multifaceted Mastery of Language and Learning
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Vue du château de Versailles depuis le parc
 

Chess: "Paris" "Snow" "White" "Ebony" "Ébano" "Black and White" "Four-leaf Clover"

No comments: